Thursday, September 6, 2007

LIM Report

When ever you see things about stress, there always seems to be a list of the "10 most stressful things"
Sometimes I have looked at these and thought, yea right, it might be slightly annoying but can you really call that stressful....?
One of the top 10 things is......Selling / Buying a house!

And after this last 2 or 3 days I have to admit I will agree with everyone in the whole world now.
Even though we have had no worries, we know there is nothing wrong with the house and we were not bothered by the 7 working day wait to go unconditional, there have been moments when it all just got too much, ok some of this does have to do with my impatientness (not sure on the spelling but you get my drift!) where I would just like things to happen now and can't understand why others don't feel the same way?

So our Lawyer calls today to inform us that they still haven't heard anything from the vendor about the LIM Report, and that as a condition of sale they may come back to us and ask us to sort out the council?!
So with my impatience streak, I decide why wait till they ask, let's get it done now.
So I did...

Not sure if the nice lady at the council will ever be the same again, although I did keep saying that I know it wasn't her directly but the company she worked for.
Anyway, I called and explained that our vendor's had applied for a LIM report and that it was blank.
She asked for the details and then explained that that was correct.
I explained that it was not correct.
She got confused and so I had to explain about the numbering, so she looked up the other house and low and behold there was our history.
Now unfortunately it took rather a lot to get this poor woman to understand what I was talking about when I kept telling her that that was our history, it was our house that had been there for over 70 years and that that was our history that should be connected to our house for our LIM Report.
Unfortunately I got very frustrated and very upset and scared the poor woman half to death by crying over the phone!
Funny thing is though....it worked!

She past our details on to another person in the correct department and 1 1/2 hours later our vendor's Lawyer had the new LIM Report with all the correct consents and reports etc that should have been there in the first place and it was all done correctly so in future years this will never happen again and it was all done free of charge, no extra charge for reissuing the LIM Report.

205a does exist and will continue to exist for a while longer.

No comments:

Quote

blah blah blah