Saturday, September 15, 2007

Moving

We have the daunting task ahead of us of packing up our home and moving it over 100 kms south.
The thought of doing this, with 2 boys, is very daunting and I know it will take a very long time just doing it at night! Only time when they won't bug me and I can get it done in peace.

So we got some quotes from different companies about their services and what they could offer us.
You had the plain simple movers, who would come and take everything you had packed, load it into a van, drive it to Hamilton and then empty out into your house the other end, all in one day and no nice stuff along the way. Pretty basic for $1200.
This is how we thought we might do it, cheap and simple.

Then just for a laugh we got someone to come and give us a quote from a very nice company who would give you the pleasure of packing up your house for you, yes that is right, they would come in and spend the whole day individually wrapping your glasses and ornaments, and would even wrap your larger furniture items so they don't get damaged!
They would then load the truck and deliver it to Hamilton and then empty the boxes and put it all away and remove all rubbish.
So that means how the unit in the dinning room looked in Auckland is how it will look in Hamilton when they have finished.
WOW, we thought, but yea how much would that all cost??
I was thinking maybe $5000+?
$3000 all up...can you believe that, no I couldn't either, so I called and checked and discussed what this cost meant and yep that is all correct.
So guess which company we are going with?
You got it, the relaxing do nothing service, I am very happy to let them come in and do it all.
That means that I have all those nights in October when I thought I would be packing to just concentrate on the boys and making sure things are tidy ready for the packers.

No comments:

Quote

blah blah blah