Thursday, August 30, 2007

Negotiations

I hate this part, the tooing and frowing.
We countersigned with an number that was going to make them sit up and yell, and from what our Real Estate Lady (Jane) said, it did!

So Jane met us at my office yesterday and we signed the figure we wanted to take to them, she took it to them in the late afternoon and then she called us in the evening and told us what they had come back with.
This then lead to 3 different phone calls to her, Steve and I having several different conversations, at one stage even sitting in front of the computer and crunching numbers!
It all ended with me calling Jane again and her giving us some very good advice on where to go from here and how to get what we wanted with what we had to offer.

So she met us again today to countersign what they had come back to us on, only problem was Steve was in his office at Greenlane and I was at Auckland. So Jane doing her business bit, met with Steve and got his signature and then drove the 12 minutes to me and got mine. Then she went and presented it to the people.

At 12.12 today Jane called to say what they had come back with!!!
I like the number, I think it will be the best we get out of them. Steve is still hesitant and has decided we will wait until tomorrow to give our answer back.....mainly because he thinks we can do better, and plus we have someone wanting to view the house tonight (shame it is not tidy!), so he would like to wait for them to see it in case they want to place an offer.

So Jane knows that this couple tonight have to be told up front that an offer is on the table, if they like the place then they have to do some smart thinking and fast moving, otherwise the place will more than likely go tomorrow morning.
I am hoping that the couple tonight make a decision very quickly, because I would like to not keep the other people waiting until the morning, I would like to be able to give Jane our answer tonight and then she can verbally tell the couple if they have it or not.
I know I would at least like a verbal response before seeing it on paper, at least they can smile and go WOW we got it, tonight rather than waiting.

So the saga of selling a house continues. Hopefully when I post tomorrow it will be with good news.......come back later and see what happens.

No comments:

Quote

blah blah blah